VALID ID DOCUMENTS
List of Valid Identity Documents:
All documents presented to the verifier must be valid and original; the verifier needs to ensure that enough id has been seen from the following list:
Please note you will not be required to send us any original id.
Group 1 – Primary Trusted Identity Credentials:
- Current valid Passport.
- Biometric Residence Permit (UK).
- Current Driving Licence (UK) (Full or provisional) Isle of Man /Channel Islands;
- Photo card only (a photo card is only valid if the individual presents it with the associated counterpart licence; except Jersey).
- Birth Certificate (UK and Channel Islands) – issued at the time of birth;
- Full or short form acceptable including those issued by UK authorities overseas, such as Embassies, High Commissions and HM Forces. (Photocopies are not acceptable).
Group 2a – Trusted Government/State Issued Documents:
- Current UK Driving licence (old style paper version).
- Current Non-UK Photo Driving Licence (valid for up to 12 months from the date the applicant entered the UK).
- Birth Certificate (UK and Channel Islands) – (issued after the time of birth by the General Register Office/relevant authority i.e. Registrars – Photocopies are not acceptable).
- Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate (UK and Channel Islands).
- Adoption Certificate (UK and Channel Islands).
- HM Forces ID Card (UK).
- Fire Arms Licence (UK; Channel Islands and Isle of Man).
Group 2b – Financial/Social History Documents:
- Mortgage Statement (UK or EEA)** (Non-EEA statements must not be accepted).
- Bank/Building Society Statement (UK and Channel Islands or EEA)* (Non-EEA statements must not be accepted).
- Bank/Building Society Account Opening Confirmation Letter (UK).
- Credit Card Statement (UK or EEA)* (Non-EEA statements must not be accepted).
- Financial Statement ** – e.g. pension, endowment, ISA (UK).
- P45/P60 Statement **(UK & Channel Islands).
- Council Tax Statement (UK & Channel Islands). **
- Work Permit/Visa (UK) (UK Residence Permit) (valid up to expiry date). **`
- Letter of Sponsorship from future employment provider (Non-UK/Non-EEA only – valid only for applicants residing outside of the UK at time of application).
- Utility Bill (UK)* – Not Mobile Telephone.
- Benefit Statement* – e.g. Child Allowance, Pension.
- A document from Central/ Local Government/ Government Agency/ Local Authority giving entitlement (UK & Channel Islands)*- e.g. from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service , Customs & Revenue, Job Centre, Job Centre Plus, Social Security.
- EU National ID Card.
- Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo (UK and Channel Islands).
- Letter from Head Teacher or College Principal (16/19 year olds in full time education – (only used in exceptional circumstances when all other documents have been exhausted) (UK)
PLEASE NOTE: If a document in the List of Valid Identity Documents is:
- Denoted with * – it should be less than three months old.
- Denoted with ** – it should be issued within the past 12 months.
- Not denoted – it can be more than 12 months old.